Friday, June 3, 2011

El Plan Collapsed

We lost the house.
Gone.
Another buyer came in at full price with no contingency.

My immediate reaction was complete sadness. It really took me back, and after talking it through with my husband I realized that my sadness was more out of "our plan" collapsing. Why is it as Moms we feel such a need for control. This is all part of our adventure, part of growth, part of me trusting God that He has a plan and that we need to just sit back and have faith.

A few things that came out of this that will help us with our next home purchase:
1. We know we can live in 1488 sf with a huge lot
2. We want a huge lot, and hope to find one
3. A pool is a plus but not a necessity
4. We are trying to finance $0-60K on our next purchase
5. We may have to sit back and wait for the right house and live with my husbands Mom for a bit
6. I love one story homes

I am totally okay!
Maybe relieved because I knew my husband had a restful night sleep last night.... maybe this is good that the house is gone. There will be another one. This IS just the beginning of our adventure to find the perfect Casa Not So Grande.

No comments:

Post a Comment