Thursday, June 2, 2011

La Project

Life got too messy. There was too much to clean, too much to keep up with, too much to pay off, too much to organize, and so here we are : Simplifying life, stripping toxins and starting a new beginning. It's funny how...when you don't know what it is like to have it all, you think the answers are all in that. But then when you do have it all; the nice cars, the big house, the stuff to fit in every nook and cranny of the house: the plastic toys, the gadgets, Apple TV, X-Box, playstation(s), wii(s), iPad(s), Mac(s), camera(s), tivo, premium cable, wireless this, wireless that, His and Her walk-in closets, jetted bathtubs, an insta-hot. Really? Is it that hard to boil water? Sadly I can go on and on and on, and it just makes me want to puke thinking about all of this crap and why we justify we need it to survive. The worst part is... that our kids expect it all and want more and more and more and more and have become spoiled, and ungrateful and greedy. Gag-me please! We are fed up with being caught up; "hamsters on a wheel" as my husband says, and have decided to make a big change. This is the beginning of La Project and how Casa Not So Grande was born. I won't go in to details on how much our car payments are, or how much debt we have. But I will tell you in 30 days we will be free.  We are about to begin a new chapter in life which will allow for more time creating memories with our children and less time buying "stuff" . We are creating a new meaning of family values that most people might perceive as crazy. Maybe we are crazy? Maybe we're smart? You decide. You are welcome to join us on our journey by following this project.

3 comments:

  1. This blows me away~ I am taking my place on the sidelines of your journey, cheering you on... and anticipating great things along the way! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely lady...pleased you're back...and SO on a path that I used to be on when I lived in Spain before meeting my husband.
    No TV,no phone,fresh fruit, veg and fish...very little other than nature to entertain (other than the odd discoteca!!!) and Life was full of greatness and memories.
    I believe now we live in a greedy society...I really don't want for much, but your right...our kids do...Birthdays have just passed and it's like Christmas here...
    I look forward to following your journey. Gracias por la invitation...y suerte.
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to all this. Good luck on your new journey and I look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete