Saturday, June 18, 2011

Necesito Yoga

I need yoga today more then any other day ever. Oh, I wish I had time to go! Pack, pack, and pack. I dropped two of our three kids off at Grandmas today so that my middle daughter could help me pack. I am cooking lunch and she is in her room watching TV. Hmmm? Hopefully gears will change after I re-charge.  Well, somehow our closing keeps moving up. Now we close ON moving day the 29th of June! Anxiety is high, I am still having trouble packing up. SLOWLY our house is going into boxes, very VERY slowly. My husband is working harder then ever this week. Did I mention he is a Realtor? He has 6 closings this month including our two. Yes, you read that right! We put an offer on the reduced house with the pool. Inspections will start tomorrow. If all goes well we will close on that house mid June which puts us at Grandmas house for ONLY 17 days (wow-so cool).  The house is a great deal smaller then what we are moving out of, but not as small as planned so we are feeling pretty giddy about having a one story 1959 sf home with 3 living areas! We still need to massively de-clutter and plan to have one more garage sale this next Friday! The house is not our style completely but it is move in ready with a few late nights of fresh paint on the walls. We will then make a priority list with all the hopes and dreams for the house and SAVE UP for them a little every month with our main focus being on creating a 6 MONTH'S of living emergency fund. When we meet that number we will begin knocking out a few weekend projects here and there. We are using all the garage sale money for a new sectional that we plan to spend a lot of time on in the main living area. This will help motivate me to get more stuff out in the yard next week! Well...we fell off of our plan of waiting to close before we submitted an offer....but we feel like we are making the right decision. The main thing is: WE will have both cars paid off in a few weeks, all medical and credit card debt paid off, we will have 2 months of our 6 months living emergency savings started, and we will be saving a ton of money each month on bills! So we are feeling pretty good right now. We are saying prayers that all inspections go well next week, and that this house will work our for our family.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great plan! good luck with everything the next few weeks. remember to breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing sometimes seems endless doesn't it?

    Good luck with everything, I have my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete