Friday, June 3, 2011

Mariposas

Today our ten year old son participated in a crossing over to middle school ceremony where they released butterflies. Butterflies symbolize change. In some cultures the butterfly is considered to bring luck.  For Christians, it is considered a soulful symbol representing rebirth and a new beginning. Watching all the butterflies flying up above our heads I thought about our family and the transformations we are going through right now. I am saying prayers that our house sale closes as planned July 1st and that we will begin our relationship with Casa Not So Grande which I can not wait to tell you more about as soon as we know we can call it home!

Here is my To-Do List for today: Garage Sale tomorrow @ 7am

Go through all 3 kids closets for garage sale items outgrown
Go through Game Closet, donate 3/4 of toys/games to garage sale
Go through bathroom closets for old towels, blankets, products that never gets used
Go through kitchen for any kitchen things we never use for garage sale
Clean out my massive walk in closet and donate 3/4 of clothing to garage sale
Make sure my husband does the same with his closet
Go through and box up my art studio stuff for garage sale saving one small box of tools
Begin tagging a few big items for garage sale
Try to organize it all the best I can, or not

Besides the fact that my husband is working all day tomorrow and I am flying solo with our garage sale, I am really looking forward to waking up Sunday morning and having this behind us. I have no expectations about how much we will sell, but I do know that whatever $ we make will be going towards some minor changes that must be made over at Casa Not So Grande before we can move in. We plan to have one more huge sale before we move out because we will be downsizing to a teeny-tiny 1488 sf.  The important thing to know is that Casa Not So Grande sits on over a half an acre... and that is what makes it SO desirable to us. Do you think we are crazy yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment