Friday, June 24, 2011

Tired Mama

I am such a tired Mama. I almost didn't write tonight because I feel like I am just going to be complaining. So, real quick I will just tell you that this whole moving thing really sucks and I am getting way too old for it. So, I will say in a very loving tone to my dear sweet realtor husband that this is it. This is the last move for a long time. I just don't have the energy that I had the first three houses we flipped together. We are a great team, there is no doubt about that. We can make something really undesirable and ugly-beautiful, and we have had fun....but, My Love, This is the last. I will give it another 100% but I am telling you: I am tired. The next time if there is one, we will hire movers who will pack up our house and unpack for us and I will just sit and watch. Ahhhhh... okay, so I vented. Now on to the good stuff! We had our last garage sale today and sold most of our furniture we know we won't need. We added all proceeds to the "sectional fund" we will be purchasing when we find a house. We are closer. We put an offer on a house a few days ago. A "short sale" in a fabulous neighborhood on a little over a half acre! Yes, it is a huge, huge lot and ideal for raising kids. Our dogs would be in heaven, and I could have my chicken coop I have always dreamed of! Fresh eggs....totally dreamy! Anyway, please pray for us. This house is a mess on so many levels. 11 agents walked it the day we did. Walking it was a production in itself. The man who owns the home is an odd one. He has 11 dogs, and they live in the house with him. Just him, and he was a bit strange to put it nicely. In order to walk it we had to have his agent call him to warn him "We were approaching the property" so he could move the 11 dogs around so it was safe for us to go from room to room. The house had an overwhelming smell of vinegar. It was really hard to be in the house. It is just a smell, and I know re finishing the wood floors, and primer and paint would take care of it... but that wasn't all. He was the hoarding type. Things were randomly propped in front of closets and doors and windows and really not a lot of room to see around things and get a great feel for the rooms...but we could tell it had good bones, it just needed our love! Yes, we might be slightly crazy that we put a bid in, not expecting to get picked out of all the offers that we competed with. We met this man, and he chose us. He wanted our family to live in the house. We found out late today that the contract will go to the bank with our escrow money and we have to wait now "90 days" for bank approval since this house we are buying is a short sale. If the bank turns down our offer then we are back to square one again. If they accept our offer we will be sitting on a pretty lot in a great area with a 1800 sf home that needs a lot of love and care throughout the years. This is a great investment. The neighbor homes are selling for 200-500K more then this house we are buying(and in Texas that is a lot)! It is a great investment!

Moving day is in 4 days!

1 comment: